Re: Different email addresses with community-contributions.py .

[resending, due to a bum address on the original thread; Jamal, you'll
get this twice, sorry]

Jamal Fanaian <jamal.fanaian@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>Well, my bug searching skills are definitely lacking. I tried to find a bug
>about the issue before I started working on this. In all honesty, I should have
>tried reporting a bug before hand as someone smarter than me would have noticed
>that it is a duplicate. Nonetheless, I am glad you found my commit and didn't
>have to duplicate the work. I hope the method I took to merge these was
>appropriate. If not, feel free to make it better.

I think the approach you took is fine.

Of couse, we could *vastly* improve the situation by moving both
'merge_names_map' and 'known_canonical_devs' out to a wiki page, and
having the script consult that wiki page.  That way anyone could update
these things very easily, at any time, without having to land a change
in PQM.  But that's also more work to implement.

>I'll try to keep an eye on it and keep it updated, but it should
>hopefully be very easy to add new names. Maybe one day this could
>somehow integrate accounts with launchpad, but I'm not even sure if
>that is exactly possible.

See bug #513608, which is about detecting Canonical developers using
Launchpad.  Maybe the script could also query Launchpad for all the
email addresses a given developer has, and build the merge_names_map
dynamically that way.

-Karl