Re: Different email addresses with community-contributions.py .

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Karl Fogel <karl.fogel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Of couse, we could *vastly* improve the situation by moving both
> 'merge_names_map' and 'known_canonical_devs' out to a wiki page, and
> having the script consult that wiki page.  That way anyone could update
> these things very easily, at any time, without having to land a change
> in PQM.  But that's also more work to implement.

That is a very interesting idea. I think that would work well, considering
the page is on the wiki too.

> See bug #513608, which is about detecting Canonical developers using
> Launchpad.  Maybe the script could also query Launchpad for all the
> email addresses a given developer has, and build the merge_names_map
> dynamically that way.

The only issue with this is cases (like mine) where someone forgets to set
the whoami, so the email is username@hostname (in my case, jamal@jfvm1).
That's not a valid email address so it would be impossible for me to
associate that with my Launchpad account. It would be great if I could just

Jamal

Follow ups