Re: [RFC] Launchpad Enhancement Proposals

On Feb 11, 2010, at 12:31 PM, Ian Clatworthy wrote:

>Sometimes the fastest way to improve quality is to simply fix lots of
>bugs. The primary argument against doing that is opportunity cost: could
>the time be better spent on delivering new features instead? That's
>never an easy call. I think your templates are great for new features.
>If fixing small bugs takes too long though, then that process needs to
>be improved IMO. I'd be hesitant to impose additional overhead on small
>changes.

Something to keep in mind, IMO, is the great success we had with LP 3.0.  I
think there will always be grumblings when you change anything (witness
Facebook ;), but with my upstream hat on, I think LP 3.0 was an enormous
positive leap in usability.  Everyone was lazr (sorry :) focused on a common
task and we fixed tons of little bugs.  In hindsight it also seemed really
pretty agile, at least once we got going.  Let's do more of that.

-Barry