Re: New merge workflow to keep features on edge until they have been QAed

On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 13:59 +1300, Michael Hudson wrote:

> Oh, one more: the whole approach makes me a little bit of
> http://github.com/droundy/iolaus, which is by the creator of darcs --
> think the idea is that your working tree consists of the merge of many
> branch heads and when you commit, the parents of any commit you make
> are
> computed to be those that are required for your change to apply
> without
> conflicts.
>
> There's no real reason you couldn't do the same thing on top of
> Bazaar,
> although it's probably not remotely helpful for the issue at hand :-)

This is similar to some of the ideas I have for looms; and if the
workflow can be described as 'keep N patches juggled until QA'd at which
point they hit trunk' then it would be a fit.

However, not on the immediate coding horizon :(.

-Rob