Re: Not getting emails from EC2 any more

On 02/24/2010 08:33 PM, Michael Hudson wrote:
Graham Binns wrote:
On 24 February 2010 12:31, William Grant<wgrant@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 14:01 +0200, Adi Roiban wrote:
În data de Ma, 23-02-2010 la 16:44 +0700, Stuart Bishop a scris:
On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Tim Penhey<tim@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hi Guys,

I seem to be not getting emails from EC2 any more about the success or failure
of the test runs. (sorry for the dupe email - my touch pad is very sensitive
and sent the other off prematurely).

Anyone got any ideas as to why?
I got one just a few hours ago from ec2 land so I'd investigate your
configured mail relays and spam filters.

I never received an email from ec2 script... and I know that recently
Graham Binns tried to land (more than once) a branch contributed by me
using ec2.

Maybe there is a problem when the email should be send to non lp
developers.

In Adi's case, the email was never sent to me either, though the
branch was failing during the test run on ec2. Running ec2 test in an
attached session with --postmortem rather than just running it
headlessly via ec2 land resolved the problem in that case. I've yet to
see it on any of my other branches.

I have a vague theory that it's something to do with the machine
shutting down before the mail gets off the server.  In particular, if
some mail server uses greylisting, I could imagine this happening.  In
this case, I would expect --postmortem to "fix" it.

I have no evidence for this other than it seeming to fit the facts in my
head!
I ran

utilities/ec2 land https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~al-maisan/launchpad/oops-526969/+merge/20056

earlier this evening. No email and branch not merged. Arghh..

Best regards

--
Muharem Hrnjadovic <muharem@xxxxxxxxxx>
Public key id   : B2BBFCFC