Formation of a Technical Architect team

Hi,

to help me do my tasks properly, and to get more buy-in from Launchpad
developers for designs and tech debt reduction, I'd like to form a
Technical Architect team. This team will work similar to the UI/AJAX
team that we have already.

There should be one (maybe two where appropriate) member from each
sub-team in Launchpad; Bugs, Code, Foundations, Registry, Soyuz,
Translations. If you want to want to represent your team, please talk to
your team lead. And team leads, please make sure to select one
representative of your team until Thursday.

The purpose of this team will include bringing attention to code that
could need some love and refactoring, providing domain knowledge for
design discussions, coordinating implementation within your team, and
probably more as it gets discovered by time. This team will serve as a
good point of coordination, but discussions will still happen with
people outside the team as necessary, of course. As an example of what
the team will be doing, the first task will be to look at the job system
that the Code team built. The Bugs team has already started to move some
of their tasks to the job system, and we'll see if it's feasible to have
other teams doing the same.

It's not yet decided exactly how the team will be run. We should have a
weekly meeting of some sort, but I'd like to see who wants to
participate, before deciding how and when the meetings will be, since it
might be difficult due to time zones.

--
Björn Tillenius | https://launchpad.net/~bjornt