Re: TestJobCronScript causing problems

On 28 February 2010 18:26, Aaron Bentley <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Gavin Panella wrote:
>>> The attached diff fixes it, but I can't land it because buildbot is
>>> staying in the pav and definitely not playing cricket.
>>
>> Scratch that; spm has kicked buildbot. Still, I'm not going to stop
>> anyone else who wants to land this :)
>>
>> Or tell me why I'm wrong :)
>
> Why should a cron script accept the -t argument that our test runner
> accepts?

LaunchpadScript, from which JobCronScriptSubclass inherits, has an
OptionParser that reads sys.argv. When running a script in the test
process, it get the arguments that were passed to bin/test.
LaunchpadScript.__init__() has a test_args parameter that can be used
to prevent use of sys.argv, and the patch adds this support to
JobCronScript.__init__().

Sorry I didn't explain my thinking before; I was in a rush and wanted
to get something out there in case someone else was having a similar
problem.

Gavin.