Re: Interactive test runner

On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 07:21:42AM -0500, Jonathan Lange wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 9:26 AM, Guilherme Salgado
> <salgado@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Some time ago I had the idea to write a test runner shell which would
> > keep the test layers up after every test run, so that re-running a test
> > while doing TDD would be a lot faster.
>
> Bjorn has already done something like this.

Oh, that's right I did, and then I probably forgot to tell people about
it :)

I'll send a mail about it now. What I did was to keep external processes
running between test runs, which does speed up the TDD cycle a lot,
although it's still quite slow.

I was thinking about keeping the component architecture running as well,
but this would involve reloading python modules, and I chose not to dive
into that hole. I've also been thinking about only loading parts of the
component architecture. But that is also quite a tricky problem.

--
Björn Tillenius | https://launchpad.net/~bjornt