Re: Model objects and doc tests

On Monday 01 March 2010 12:27:50 Jonathan Lange wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 7:19 AM, Julian Edwards
>
> <julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Monday 01 March 2010 12:10:43 Jonathan Lange wrote:

> >> (Also, what makes model objects so special anyway?)
> >
> > Precedent.  Pretty much most of our model objects already have this.  Our
> > doc strings are mostly awful and where they are not awful they are
> > mediocre.
>
> What I meant was, why does this kind of class need documentation more
> than any other kind of class?

Because they are the most important class in our code base - they form the
very core of everything that Launchpad does.

We have a few doc tests that are genuinely awesome to read.  Unfortunately for
me not many of them are Soyuz - the age of the Soyuz code base means a lot of
them are basically unit tests :(