Re: New merge workflow to keep features on edge until they have been QAed

On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 11:33:23 Michael Hudson wrote:
> >> People will have to be careful to to resolve merge conflicts by
> >> merging from edge back into their feature branch, because then when
> >> the changes are landed to "devel" (or "stable") then inadvertent
> >> changes will also be brought in.
>
> This could get pretty messy I think.. what if two feature branches
>  conflict?

I think we may need something like an edge-feature branch which all the
separate features get merged into.  Edge can get merged into it too to resolve
conflicts.  Since the feature merging will be manual, the conflict resolving can
be manual too.

Tim