Script to help community contributors with branch testing

Hi,

After contributing a few bugfixes to LP, from my point of view, running
the complete test suite is a painful job.

Running individual tests is easy, but with intensive CPU usage and more
than 4 hours of ec2 running, a complete test run is no longer fun,
especially if you try to run it on your development/day to day usage
computer. Doing a complete test suite on your laptop is not feasible.

EC2 is nice and LP developers were happy to send my branches to ec2.
I just don't want to be a burden and keep asking them to retry my branch
on ec2, just because I'm dumb and my branch still contains errors.

Also since today, it looks like the ec2 mail notifications are working
again. Hooray!

I know that most of you have access to ec2, but for community
contributors with access to a spare testing (virtual) machine, this
scripts may come in handy:

https://dev.launchpad.net/Tools/Polyot

An old Pentium 4 Mobile with 512RAM can run all tests from a module and
pagetests from all the other modules in about 4 to 5 hours. There are
only a few spurious errors, and they pass if you run them as individual
tests.

Please let me know if you think it is useful or if I should remove it
from dev.lp.net wiki.

Adi Roiban

Follow ups