Re: Script to help community contributors with branch testing

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 9:14 PM, Adi Roiban <adi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After contributing a few bugfixes to LP, from my point of view, running
> the complete test suite is a painful job.

I very strongly agree.

> https://dev.launchpad.net/Tools/Polyot
>
> An old Pentium 4 Mobile with 512RAM can run all tests from a module and
> pagetests from all the other modules in about 4 to 5 hours. There are
> only a few spurious errors, and they pass if you run them as individual
> tests.

I'd love to know what these spurious errors are.

> Please let me know if you think it is useful or if I should remove it
> from dev.lp.net wiki.

I'm very, very happy that you've scratched your own itch here and
shared it with others. Please don't remove it from the wiki!

Personally, I have ec2 access and am very unlikely to have time to
code on Launchpad any time soon. However, there are even Canonical
developers who prefer not to use ec2 (abentley? bigjools?). Perhaps
they might like to give this a spin.

jml