Remove spidermonkey-bin from launchpad-developer-dependencies?

launchpad-developer-dependencies depends on spidermonkey-bin. This package has been removed from lucid.

It provided one binary, smjs, a javascript shell. Grepping the Launchpad source finds nothing using this command.

The relevant changelog entry in which this was added was:

launchpad-dependencies (0.35) intrepid; urgency=low

  * New deps: python-cherrypy3 and spidermonkey-bin

 -- Launchpad package maintainers <launchpad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Wed, 15 Oct 2008 11:35:06 -0300

Does anyone know why it was added, and if we may remove it?

If it is desirable we should ask the Ubuntu Mozilla team to repackage it, as its reason for removal seems to be more that it got caught in a shuffle of xulrunner versions than anything else:

 * In Ubuntu it was built from the xulrunner (1.8) source.
 * In Debian it is CURRENTLY built from the xulrunner (1.9.1) source.
 * In Ubuntu the remaining xulrunner sources have versioned names:
   xulrunner-1.9.1 and -1.9.2.

Max.

Follow ups