Re: [RFC-UI] Team page redesign

On Thu, 2010-03-11 at 09:01 +1300, Tim Penhey wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 07:29:53 Curtis Hovey wrote:
> > I have started a branch that adds registry karma actions so that the
> > events can be tracked in a time line.
>
> It has been said a gazillion times that karma isn't suitable for tracking
> events for this type of display.
>
> So... lets design something that does!
>
> This timeline feature has been on a general todo list since I started over
> three years ago.  Lets pull finger and JFDI.  We have enough brain power in the
> team to get something suitable.
>
> So, start thinking of how it can be done.  Open your mind (TM) to the options
> by phrasing the question to yourself:
>   "How can we have a common activity model in the database that crosses
>    the Launchpad application boundaries that contains rich enough information
>    to provide a great timeline?"
>
> Let your subconscious start simmering on the solution.

I think we also need to consider why I am adding karma. It is a crowd
sourcing mechanism. Since the registry does not have karma, we do not
attract many users who want recognition for linking a package to an
upstream project, or upload a release. I am adding karma. If this does
not work for the time line, we need someone to commit to doing this
after work.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/