Fresh lucid installation issues

Hey folks

I am in the throes of installing LP on a new laptop on which I installed a
fresh copy of lucid.

Apart from the spidermonkey issue that we already know about, I found another
problem when running update-sourcecode:

  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/bzrlib/plugins/svn/__init__.py", line
120, in init_subvertpy
    raise DependencyNotPresent("subvertpy", "bzr-svn: %s" % e.message)
bzrlib.errors.DependencyNotPresent: Unable to import library "subvertpy": bzr-
svn:

It looks like this is down to the fact that update-sourcecode needs subvertpy
to run, but subvertpy is built by update-sourcecode ...

The lucid python-subvertpy package is only built for python 2.6 and the
update-sourcecode script is explicitly using python 2.5.  When I remove that
2.5 to make it use the system python, all seems well.

Is there a good reason for this script to use 2.5 or can I commit a change to
make it use the system python?

Cheers.

Follow ups