Re: URL location for SourcePackageRecipeBuilds

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Julian Edwards
<julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Monday 22 March 2010 18:30:28 Aaron Bentley wrote:
>> I agree that this is a distinction that could be made, but I'm not sure
>> it should be.  The way I see it, build from branch is a service provided
>> by the Soyuz build farm that uses Code branches and outputs to Soyuz PPAs.
>
> The build farm is indeed currently a "Soyuz" thing.
>
> However since we're turning it into a generic build/job farm I wish to end
> that distinction and have it as a separate service in the LP tree.  Most of
> the code is currently in lp.buildmaster but I would definitely be open to a
> better name, maybe something like lp.buildfarm.

I'm in favour of lp.services.buildfarm.[1] Putting stuff in the lp
namespace directly means less typing, but it also means the tree is
less good at communicating how Launchpad is structured.

There's documentation about this in lp/__init__.py. Perhaps it should
be more widely known & better written. Certainly, it doesn't give good
advice about where to put new packages. I don't think anything does
though.

jml

[1] If pressed, I might even put up an argument for moving it to a
separate branch altogether.