Re: URL location for SourcePackageRecipeBuilds

On Monday 22 March 2010 18:30:28 Aaron Bentley wrote:
> I agree that this is a distinction that could be made, but I'm not sure
> it should be.  The way I see it, build from branch is a service provided
> by the Soyuz build farm that uses Code branches and outputs to Soyuz PPAs.

The build farm is indeed currently a "Soyuz" thing.

However since we're turning it into a generic build/job farm I wish to end
that distinction and have it as a separate service in the LP tree.  Most of
the code is currently in lp.buildmaster but I would definitely be open to a
better name, maybe something like lp.buildfarm.

The Soyuz team will of course be the gatekeepers as much as possible since we
have the most experience working with it, and we also don't want to see Ubuntu
blocked :)  But anyone should feel comfortable changing code there.