Re: Bugtracker interfaces standardization and LP

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 12:45 PM, Olivier Berger
<olivier.berger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Le vendredi 19 mars 2010 à 21:25 +0100, Olivier Berger a écrit :
>> my first request would be to ask some comments about possible
>> existing APIs [for bugtracker interoperability] as candidates
>> for more standardization (I suppose LP already offers such
>> potentially reusable APIs)
>
> I haven't seen much response to my first (too long) email.

It's not too long, it just lacks a bullet point list of clear
questions and requested actions at the very end :)

> Any more luck with a more targeted question, anyone ?

Here are some short answers:
  * Yes, we are very keen on bug tracker interoperability
  * One of our bug tracker experts can give you a more detailed
answer, but check out our REST APIs at https://help.launchpad.net/API
and our plugins for Bugzilla and Trac
(https://help.launchpad.net/Bugs/BugzillaPlugin and
https://help.launchpad.net/Bugs/TracPlugin)
  * I'd love to be part of discussions on this topic
  * Don't expect us to stop what we're doing and implement the
semantic web for bugs :)

Hope this helps. I look forward to talking more.

jml