Re: Discrepancy on +patches view

"Jorge O. Castro" <jorge@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>Any idea what's going on here:
>
>Bryce's homegrown report:
>http://www2.bryceharrington.org:8080/X/Reports/ubuntu-x-swat/patches.html
>vs.
>Launchpad: https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+patches

[CC'ing the launchpad-dev list.]

Bryce and I just talked about this in IRC.  The difference is:

Bryce's list shows you "bugs (with patches) where the bug is filed
against a source package to which this team is subscribed".  Whereas
Launchpad's list shows you "bugs (with patches) where this team is
directly subscribed to the bug itself (and/or is assigned the bug)"

In IRC, I asked Bryce what the best behavior would be:

 <kfogel> bryce: so the question is, which behavior is actually most
          useful?
 <bryce>  kfogel, probably a combination of both
        ... more conversation ...
 <kfogel> bryce: just to check: I really think we want a union of the
          two behaviors.  You agree?
 <bryce>  kfogel, yes I agree

So, I'll file a bug detailing this, and proposing the new behavior.

Thanks, Jorge!

-Karl

Follow ups