UI branches and reviews

Hi all,

We're all trying to improve the UI review process continually,
balancing the usefulness and the ease of the process.

The UI/Reviews page at:

https://dev.launchpad.net/UI/Reviews

tries to make the process as smooth as possible, with things to check
*before* you start any UI work and tips for making it easier to
demonstrate your UI to a reviewer.

There are currently 8 UI reviewers listed on that page. Even though
many UI reviewers will require a second review, *please* consider
asking them, as the more we share them around the more we'll learn as
a team of UI reviewers. In particular, Paul is keen to build up the
number of UI reviews he's done, so if he's around ping him.

And finally, two points relevant for UI reviewers that tripped me up
recently (I've added the following to the Tips for reviewers section
on the above page),

4. '''What issues have already been raised?''' After playing with the
branch with as little background knowledge as possible and forming
your own ideas, it is important to go back and read all the related
pre-implementation discussions on the related bugs or LEPs, ensuring
that the solution deals with the raised issues. If none are mentioned,
ask!
5. '''How wide is the reach of this change?''' If a certain change is
for a specific corner case and this knowledge influences your
decisions, then either ensure yourself that the change will indeed
only affect few people, or ask the developer and code reviewer to
double-check.

Thanks for reading!