Re: Adapters & API (was Re: Exposing newCodeImport)

> >> I guess you could implement IBranchTarget(obj).name and
> >> IBranchTarget(obj).newCodeImport() on the client-side too.
> >
> > As sugar for this case, or are you speaking about something else?
> >

> I meant as a more general sugar.
>
> And, since my IRC backlog indicates I didn't make it clear enough
> here, I'm not saying "Go forth and implement this solution", I'm
> discussing possible solutions to an interesting problem. It would be
> wise to seek Gary or Leonard's advice on this topic.

Please don't implement anything special on the client side. I'm not
totally opposed to a solution based on client-side conversion (as
opposed to my earlier server-side "include the adapters" mechanism) but
I want to be involved with that design and I don't have time right now.

If you need to do something right now, I suggest implementing and
exporting branch_target_name and branch_target_import() on the objects
you want to see them on. If we do the server-side solution I proposed
earlier, switching over will be invisible to the client. If we do a
client-side solution, we can make branch_target_name and
branch_target_import() disappear as of the first web service version to
support the client-side solution.

Leonard