Re: Automatically setting the bug task status from the branch scanner

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 8:06 PM, Francis J. Lacoste
<francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On April 12, 2010, Tim Penhey wrote:
>> Hi Deryck,
>>
>> As discussed before I'm tackling the JFDI approach and I'm going to get the
>> scanner to update the bug-task status [1].
>>
>> I'd like the bug-task to be set to in-progress when it is linked to the
>> branch, and fix-committed if it is linked to a branch that was marked as
>> merged through a merge proposal.
>>
>> Since the scanner is a script, what do you think the best approach is so
>> that the appropriate subscribers get notified?  I had a brief look at the
>> bug code but it was not clear to me exactly how to proceed.
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> [1] https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad-code/+bug/406692
>>

> Given the number of comments on this thread, I think this is an indication
> that the LEP approach would have been more useful:
>
> """
> You definitely need to follow this process if

>    * you have spent more than thirty minutes talking about the change without
> doing it
>
> """

FWIW, I discussed it very briefly with Tim & Deryck before Tim's original post.

Fix committed when a revision on trunk or merged into trunk is marked
as fixing a bug. I don't care who owns the status change, as long as
it's not a lie. That's it.

We can look into the "In progress" bit after the "Fix committed" bit
lands and is a roaring success.

jml