Re: bzr-builder woes - and where to from here

On Thu, 2010-04-22 at 16:01 -0400, Francis J. Lacoste wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> That plan doesn't work.
>
> By policy, we only install stuff within the data centre from IS-controlled
> archives.

I might point out that these machines run code from arbitrary users on
the Internet. But the point does sort of apply a bit.

> So once, the updated package is available into the Launchpad PPA, you will
> need to file an RT # to have it deployed to the builders. lamont is responsible
> for maintaining the builders, so you can ping him. He'll take the Launchpad
> package, review it and then make the necessary magic to have it deployed to
> our builders. That will replace your #3 step below.

We would need an IS-controlled PPA, then. The builders are virtualised
and cleaned before every build, so we need this new bzr-builder *inside*
the chroot, so it must be installed for each build.