The build engineer position is dead; long live the build engineer position.

While it had some very notable successes[1], on the whole Francis, Jono and I have agreed that we have not been happy with the rotating build engineer experiment [2].

It is dead.

Welcome our new, non-rotating build engineers!

Maris Fogels will be taking on build engineer responsibilities in addition to his existing client-side responsibilities.

Diogo Matsubara will also pitch in as possible.

They will certainly appreciate help from the build engineers of the past, as well as the whole team.  These positions lead the work to which we all need to contribute.

Gary

[1] Successes:
- Several people now know how to work on much of our build infrastructure.
- We had some very, very nice improvements because of it.

[2] Failures:
- Willing and able people were hard to come by.
- As a corollary, losing an engineer for a month was a big sacrifice for teams.
- Some of the more ambitious changes didn't make it.

Follow ups