Re: The build engineer position is dead; long live the build engineer position.

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Gary Poster <gary.poster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> While it had some very notable successes[1], on the whole Francis, Jono and I have agreed that we have not been happy with the rotating build engineer experiment [2].
>
> It is dead.
>
> Welcome our new, non-rotating build engineers!
>
> Maris Fogels will be taking on build engineer responsibilities in addition to his existing client-side responsibilities.
>
> Diogo Matsubara will also pitch in as possible.
>
> They will certainly appreciate help from the build engineers of the past, as well as the whole team.  These positions lead the work to which we all need to contribute.

Great stuff.

Most of my own contribution to the previous experiment was to try to
file, tag & clean up the various bugs in our build system. They are
all at:
 https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad-project/+bugs?field.tag=build-infrastructure

jml