Re: Stylesheet changes

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 10:02 PM, Gavin Panella
<gavin.panella@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 26 April 2010 15:47, Curtis Hovey <curtis.hovey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I think the next steps in CSS fixes is factor out the duplication.
>
> After reading your email I stumbled on Sass <http://sass-lang.com/>
> via Hacker News, a sort of macro language for CSS. I've read about
> other similar tools before, but the Sass examples (at the bottom of
> the front page) were better self-promotion than I have seen before.
> >From your perspective do you think using Sass or an equivalent tool
> would help us?

Sass is *great* for css maintainability IMO...I've used it in the past
with a Rails project. I brought it up as a discussion point a while
back during a UI meeting, but it's dependence on ruby brought the
discussion to an end pretty quickly (yet another dependency) :/

It seems there are a few python apps for similar functionality:

http://bitbucket.org/barbuza/python-sass/
http://github.com/dziegler/clevercss

but I've not tried any.