Mirroring branches with username/password

Hi Michael, Tim, list.

This just came up and it happens to be something that we discussed last cycle: users can now include username/password in URLs for their revision control repositories when setting up a mirrored branch, but currently the UI will display this information to the public.

The Code team decided that it was not necessary to hide the login information since it's meant for anonymous logins (although the warning I asked for was added). But this user seems to have a valid use-case for hiding passwords:

    https://answers.launchpad.net/rosetta/+question/100519

In a nutshell: svn repo behind a thin connection, not meant to take a full server workload. Username/password is a great way to get the branch onto LP and available to the world, but our displaying the login to the public would be a blocker.

Jeroen

Follow ups