Re: RFC Single page bug configuration

On 5 May 2010 21:34, Curtis Hovey <curtis.hovey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The Registry team will be working on some old Launchpad Bug related
> issues to make it easier to provide bug configuration information.
>
>    https://dev.launchpad.net/Registry/BugConfiguration
>
> This is not simple UI change.
>
>      * The spike I made at the San Antonio sprint demonstrated that
>        that there are some conflicts showing Bug Supervisor and
>        Security contact in the same form [1].
>      * The bug tracker widget is using a boolean and a choice field to
>        deduce 4 states. We do not need to change this, but the widget
>        does need to show the subordinate fields.
>      * The remote_product field needs validation rules. The users need
>        help providing the information.
>
> Comments are welcome, and advice from the Launchpad Bugs team would be
> helpful in regards to validation and the widget state.

My only comment, and I realize it may seem a bit bikesheddy, is that I
don't like the trend towards ajax popups within pages.  They get in
the way of being able to refer back to other parts of the page and
towards opening things in other tabs.  I'd rather there was an
unfolding area or a totally separate page.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>