Re: First draft of the LP Architecture Overview

Hi Björn.

Note that, since Salgado is now on New Core, we'll need a different Foundations representative.  I volunteer.

The document in general is a great start.  Thank you for this!

I like the guiding principles.  I'd like to add an additional bullet point.

... designed for deployment
Our deployment is complicated and fragile.  We need to constantly improve this, and never move backwards.  Does the component produce logs and error messages in a way that the LOSAs can easily integrate?  Are you giving the LOSAs good tools to monitor, diagnose, and, if appropriate, stop, start, and restart the component in production?  Can you avoid adding a separate, different process to start, or a new cronscript to run?

To my mind, all the bullet points you raise are important, but this one is among the top three or four.

Gary