RFC using memcached with tal:object/link

I have been looking at timeout issues where the page has lots of content
and lots of db lookups, such as large milestone listings. I think I have
a  plan so clever it you could put a tale on it can call it a fox.

I compared the db calls between a two milestones with 360 bugs, one with
assignees, the other with none -- 50 verses 440 calls. Why, icons baby!

We do icon lookups when we render pillars and person links. How often
does a pillar or team change its icon? I want to cache this for a day,
but I will settle for an hour if people are uneasy. (I do remember that
36 teams are private and I can provide caching rules for them)

The tricky part is that Stuart's memcached integration is in page the
template. We need to provide rules that our tales helpers can use. Is it
worth while? Are memcached look ups cheaper than db lookups?

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/