Re: LP icon usage in Bazaar Explorer

Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>On 4 February 2010 16:48, Ian Clatworthy <ian.clatworthy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'd like to re-use some existing icons in LP for menu options in
>> Explorer taking users to LP pages, particularly the icons for:
>>
>> * critical bug
>> * patch available
>>
>> Is that OK legally? If so, can someone send me the 16x16 png files?
>
>I think should be fine, but you will need special permission to use
>the trademark, and I don't think you should ship them before that.  If
>anyone else developing a Launchpad client that would like to do that,
>please just ask too.  It's probably Karl's department.

Gack, my apologies -- I had this marked to reply to, and then didn't.

In my personal opinion this seems reasonable enough, because the icons
would be being used to refer to Launchpad itself -- no identity
confusion there.  But let me check and get back to you; I am not a
lawyer, and we need someone with real trademark expertise to answer
this.

-Karl