Re: Email test result failure summary for ec2-test

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 6:26 PM, Bjorn Tillenius <bjorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 01:29:53PM +1200, Robert Collins wrote:
>> You don't need to discard the timestamps, subunit will do that.
>>
>> just
>> gzip -dc attacment.log.gz | subunit-filter | subunit-ls
>
> Well, while subunit-ls does that, it's a good practice stripping out
> timestamps manually until
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/subunit/+bug/567150 is fixed, since
> otherwise the output of subunit-filter is unreadable. Makes it easier to
> combine commands.

err, something is wrong then, as time: is a subunit directive, all
subunit filters will process and hide it from mere human eyes.

Got a sample log file I can look at?

> Also, I had to do pass --no-passthrough and --no-skip to subunit-filter
> to get only the list of failed tests.

no-skip  yes. no-passthrough would be needed if you have non-test info
there that you want to hide.

-Rob