Re: Test suite failing to open display

On Thu, 2010-05-20 at 15:12 -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> I am no longer able to test on a local machine, because the
> lp.bugs.windmill.testing.BugsWindmillLayer tests are unable to open the
> display.  This happens only when I run the full test suite.  If I run
> only the lp.bugs.windmill.testing.BugsWindmillLayer
>
> The display in question is a vnc server providing :1.0.  I have tested
> it with xeyes and with running
> - --layer=lp.bugs.windmill.testing.BugsWindmillLayer and both worked fine.
>
> The problem happens every time I try to run the full suite.
>
> The full message is:
>
> Running lp.bugs.windmill.testing.BugsWindmillLayer tests:
>   Running in a subprocess.
>   Set up canonical.testing.layers.BaseLayer in 0.004 seconds.
>   Set up canonical.testing.layers.DatabaseLayer in 0.619 seconds.
>   Set up canonical.testing.layers.LibrarianLayer in 10.615 seconds.
>   Set up canonical.testing.layers.MemcachedLayer in 0.146 seconds.
>   Set up canonical.testing.layers.LaunchpadLayer in 0.000 seconds.
>   Set up canonical.testing.layers.FunctionalLayer in 7.685 seconds.
>   Set up canonical.testing.layers.LaunchpadFunctionalLayer in 0.000 seconds.
>   Set up canonical.testing.layers.AppServerLayer in 15.657 seconds.
>   Set up canonical.testing.layers.BaseWindmillLayer in 0.000 seconds.
>   Set up lp.bugs.windmill.testing.BugsWindmillLayer
>
> Started ['/tmp/tmpA8vxqb.mozrunner/mozrunner-firefox', '-profile',
> '/tmp/tmpA8vxqb.mozrunner',
> 'http://bugs.launchpad.dev:8085/windmill-serv/start.html']
> in 1.343 seconds.
> No protocol specified
> Error: cannot open display: :1.0
I'm seeing similar problems when I redirect all output of ./bin/test to
a file ("./bin/test &>x"). It works fine without the redirection:

Started ['/tmp/tmph1T7hV.mozrunner/mozrunner-firefox', '-profile',
'/tmp/tmph1T7hV.mozrunner',
'http://bugs.launchpad.dev:8085/windmill-serv/start.html']
in 0.582 seconds.
Error: no display specified