Re: [tech] ACL system

Hi Bjorn.

On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 10:05 -0400, Gary Poster wrote:
> - I'd argue that a user interface and workflow should drive our goals.
> I'd also say that it is the right way to present the plans when we
> request feedback from our stakeholders.  I'm concerned that this
> document appears to be approached exclusively from the perspective of
> internal API, which I feel is very important, but about
> implementation, not direction.  Does a user-focussed document about
> these changes already exist somewhere?

There is also my primary concern. Since I was surprised by Joey's
descriptions of how he wanted to see and control ACLs, I think we need
the UI approved by stakeholders before we can proceed. Setting is
commercial projects is hard now because the UI is arcane and
contradictory. Solving the user experience will help us define the APIs
users will use.

My team is responsible for the UI. I am short staffed and distracted
this week and the next. I will start work on a UI proposal that we can
ask stakeholders to review, but I do not think I will have anything to
see for a week.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/