Re: [tech] ACL system

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 3:05 PM, Gary Poster <gary.poster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Björn.
>
> I have a few notes.
>
> - I'd argue that a user interface and workflow should drive our goals.  I'd also say that it is the right way to present the plans when we request feedback from our stakeholders.  I'm concerned that this document appears to be approached exclusively from the perspective of internal API, which I feel is very important, but about implementation, not direction.  Does a user-focussed document about these changes already exist somewhere?

I'll reply to the thread in detail later, but to forestall further
speculation, there's a requirements document here:
  https://dev.launchpad.net/LEP/BetterPrivacy

In the gap between requirements and data model, things like UI &
workflows live. We have done essentially no work on that.

When we last discussed actual implementation plans, flacoste said he
was going to try to line up someone to drive the UI work.

jml