Re: Report: +translate page research

Hi Matt,

У сре, 26. 05 2010. у 17:13 +0100, Matthew Revell пише:

> At UDS-M, my Canonical colleague Charline Poirier and I interviewed
> four Launchpad Translations user to ask them what they thought of a
> proposed new design for the Launchpad +translate page.

Thanks a lot for this.  I guess the problem with doing computer mockups
is that people expect them to fully work.  Most of the problems noticed
were simply because mock-up is, well, a mock-up, without full
implementation of the behaviour.

I wonder how would results be different if we used paper mock-ups as you
suggested one time.

> That page is where translators and reviewers do the bulk of their
> work, so the suitability of its design has a strong impact on how easy
> or hard it is to translate in Launchpad.
>
> My report is here:
>
> https://dev.launchpad.net/Strategy/Research/UDS-M/Translations

Excellent: thanks.  I've added a bunch of comments there, and linked it
from our "User input" section on https://dev.launchpad.net/Translations

> As an aside, even if you're not interested in the research, I'd be
> grateful for feedback on how best to report this sort of research.

Well, reading the actual audio logs was very helpful as well.  Lots of
useful input there.

Thanks go to participants as well (I know at least one of them is
following this list as well :).

Cheers,
Danilo