Comments for translations

Good day, I have a proposal:

There should be a comment field for each and every translated string on
launchpad.
The reason for this is communication. Many of us translators do not know
each other in any way. We do not have any way of communication than the
translations we do in launchpad. There once in a while happens that there
are different suggestions for ways to translate a string, but there is no
way for the translators to communicate in between each other and discuss the
specific translation except for direct messages.

Direct messages does not target the whole translation-team, only one user,
hence it is not a good solution to this lack of communication. These
conflicts happens at times when one translator might feel that a less direct
translation fits the situation meanwhile another translator might find that
another wording is more fitting.

To allow the translations to become as good as absolutely possible
commenting is a must. It will both directly result in better translations
and less friction between translators.

So what do you think about this proposal?

--
www.twitter.com/Rovanion

Follow ups