Re: Source Package Recipes Disabled on Edge / What's Needed to Get Them Going Again

On Mon, 2010-06-07 at 19:42 -0600, Paul Hummer wrote:
> All-
>
>   This last weekend, the buildds all fell over.  This was caused by the
> fact that I had removed ISourcePackageRecipe.sourcepackagename and
> ISourcePackageRecipeBuild.sourcepackagename, fixed the tests, and
> landed the patch.  Unfortunately, we don't have the best testing of the
> buildds, and I didn't know that the buildds were expecting this
> property to be passed to it.  This means that we needed to disable
> source package recipe builds until we get a fix.
>
>   The solution is really simple, and wgrant has just verified[1] that
> my fix is correct, and I'm landing it into devel now.  Unfortunately,
> before this can be cherry picked to production, there are two more
> branches that also need to be prepped for cherry pick to production.
> Here's the breakdown of the requirements:
>
>   1. Land my branch, which fixes bug #587109[2] - Lamont basically just
>      needs to roll this to the buildds.
>   2. Someone from Soyuz needs to land a fix to bug #587113[3] - wgrant
>      says noodles is working on this.
>   3. I need to land a final branch that fixes bug #587110[4] - I will
>      do this tomorrow.  This does

This third one needs to be cherrypicked too (since /builders uses
fmt:link, so it will start crashing if an SPRB gets dispatched). But
since we apparently don't want to expose the UI at all on production
yet, I suspect we will want to cherrypick a special fmt:link that
doesn't actually generate a link.

[4] should actually be https://launchpad.net/bugs/587110.