Re: Staging codehosting email going out to the real world

On 2010-06-14 21:42, Francis J. Lacoste wrote:
Staging shouldn't send email outside. Period.

That's a relief. The way it is now is just more accidents waiting to happen, but as a relative newcomer to codehosting, I figured nobody would have left it this way without very good reason. I then learned from Tim that this was more known problem than choice.

That's a critical bug, and I'd like an incident report on it. For how long has
this been going on? We should also apologize to affected users.

It's been happening since sometime last week. Only 5 users were affected, with one being a Canonical employee, and the workaround was simply to turn a cron job off so I downgraded the bug for our specific problem from Critical to High. I can't stress enough how lucky we have been in this regard.

Apologies and explanations went out this (Monday) morning after conferring with Henning about the text. I also had the cron job stopped until the fix rolls out to staging. It's in db-devel r9461.

The bug filed for stopping outgoing email from this server is here:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/593522

Tom has created a matching RT ticket. I've now upgraded the bug to Critical.

Jeroen