a launchpad platform at a customer site

Hi all,

I installed launchpad on a vm as I'd like to test it as a development
platform for a customer.
I eventually aim to install it on a server at their site. The questions are:
Does it make sense? Are there other people doing this?
Would there be much work to do to make it suitable for such a task?
I am asking this last question as I have noticed that on my install
I can't create a user via web page, that launchpad won't send emails, ...
maybe there are many more things that make sense in a development
environment but won't in a setup at the customer site,

thanks for your comments,

Davide

Follow ups