Re: a launchpad platform at a customer site

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 8:20 AM, Davide Galletti
<davide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I installed launchpad on a vm as I'd like to test it as a development
> platform for a customer.
> I eventually aim to install it on a server at their site. The questions are:
> Does it make sense? Are there other people doing this?
> Would there be much work to do to make it suitable for such a task?
> I am asking this last question as I have noticed that on my install
> I can't create a user via web page, that launchpad won't send emails, ...
> maybe there are many more things that make sense in a development
> environment but won't in a setup at the customer site,

Hello Davide,

Launchpad really is designed and built for what you see at
https://launchpad.net. Perhaps Launchpad could be adapted to be an
internal development system, but then, with enough hammering you can
get a square peg into a round hole.

jml