Re: Can we generate the apidoc directory at build time?

On 06/23/2010 09:32 AM, Aaron Bentley wrote:

On 06/23/2010 09:02 AM, Maris Fogels wrote:
My wording could have been clearer - they are not so much "accidental
additions" as "the re-addition causes a conflict".

 From what I can tell someone deletes the directory; I pull the change;
The directory gets removed from source control, but remains on disk;
Someone fixes it; I pull the re-addition; bzr renames 'apidoc' to
apidoc.moved', and gets a conflict (especially if this is the second or
third time conflicts have happened: apidoc.moved already exists!
Aaauuggghh! apidoc.moved.moved exists too!)

My experience is different.  I pull, and bzr tries to delete my existing
apidoc, but can't because it has contents, which is a conflict.  It
tries to create a new apidoc as part of the same pull, so it renames the
existing apidoc to apidoc.moved.

That sounds much more sensible than what I described.

Maris