Re: Fwd: [Fwd: Quickly and Launchpad]

On 06/25/2010 08:06 AM, Didier Roche wrote:

Sounds a good way to avoid all the non-permitted apps and hacks to go
away. Love it!

Well, at first release, people will have 3/4 mails if they setup
nothing:
- ssh
- gpg
- coc
- ppa

But I think we can live with that for now, seeing the added value.
Didier

I would like to get a mail whenever something touched items associated with my identity or credentials: SSH, GPG, CoC, and password. If you send me three mails, I won't mind - IMHO each one adds value.

I think you can leave PPA creation off of the list of account changes worth mailing the user about. If you are looking for accountability for PPA creation then have Quickly leave its fingerprint on the PPA, such as a message in the PPA description saying "Created by Quickly". Then the user knows who created the PPA, why it was created, and can infer what will happen if they delete it.

Maris