Re: Fwd: [Fwd: Quickly and Launchpad]

Gentleman.

I do not have much to contribute, but I have a concern that I /think/ we
are addressing, and we need to be *certain* we do.

On Fri, 2010-06-25 at 11:06 -0400, Maris Fogels wrote:
> > Well, at first release, people will have 3/4 mails if they setup
> > nothing:
> > - ssh
> > - gpg
> > - coc
> > - ppa
> >
> > But I think we can live with that for now, seeing the added value.
> > Didier
> >

> I would like to get a mail whenever something touched items associated
> with my
> identity or credentials:  SSH, GPG, CoC, and password.  If you send me
> three
> mails, I won't mind - IMHO each one adds value.

I am still dealing with spammers everyday. Launchpad is attacked every
day. We had cases in the last few weeks were users lost control of their
account (this was not a fault of Lp). One persistent spammer has used
SSO to gain access to launchpad and we could not stop him because he did
not have a Launchpad profile.

So I ask that our decision consider that someone is looking for new ways
to exploit Launchpad, and he would be delighted if we provide an
automated way to do it.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/