ATTN: developers - I need your search use cases and user stories

Hi,
    search in launchpad is showing up as a common issue affecting
responsiveness of pages and causing timeouts.

We currently have two separate search engines, and having discussed
our search implementation with a couple of arbitrary folks, it seems
to be the case that we don't have a consistent, cohesive set of
stories for search.

I've created https://dev.launchpad.net/LEP/Search as a place to gather
our users stories for search in a single consolidated place. We need
this to be able to evaluate how well our search works for us, which is
a fairly important component in evaluating the result of any work done
on this performance issue: it would be all too easy to either preserve
a non-beneficial aspect and hinder our optimisation work, or fail to
keep an important thing.

So - please hop into the Search LEP and record your user stories!

-Rob

Follow ups