Would you like to have zope's apidoc for Launchpad?

Hi there,

In case you haven't seen http://apidoc.zope.org I strongly suggest you
check it out -- it's very convenient for us using zope3/ztk.

I've been trying to get that to work on Launchpad (at
apidoc.launchpad.dev) so that we can easily find out how to use zcml
declarations, what classes implement a given interface, what are the
pages registered for that interface and so on. Most things are working
(except for the Books section, which we don't care about anyway), but
there are still a few hacks that need to be tweaked before they can be
accepted into mainline, and I'm at yet another sprint this week and on
vacation after that so I won't have time to work on it anytime soon. If
you are interested in having apidoc working for Launchpad, I'd really
appreciate your help finishing up. My branch is at
lp:~salgado/launchpad/apidoc and here's a list of the things that need
fixing:

 1. Move changes done to site.py into
    configs/development/apidoc-configure-normal.zcml.OFF

 2. lib/canonical/launchpad/webapp/authentication.py has a
    non-persistent IAnnotations adapter for our principals which might
    be acceptable into mainline as the lack of persistence only means
    we don't save user preferences on apidoc.lp.dev

 3. lib/canonical/launchpad/webapp/authorization.py is the ugliest hack
    but Gary said he'd be happy if it would special case just the
    specific object type that causes us problems (LocationProxy) instead
    of catching TypeErrors for everything.

The diff is at http://paste.ubuntu.com/465796/ and you need to add
apidoc.launchpad.dev to /etc/hosts before you can give it a try.

Guilherme Salgado <https://launchpad.net/~salgado>