Re: testrepository & launchpad

On 17 July 2010 13:42, Robert Collins <robert.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At the EPIC I mentioned test repository as a support tool for running
> launchpad tests. I've added some notes to
> https://dev.launchpad.net/Testing about it.
>
> The short story is:
>
> apt-get install testrepository
> cd launchpad/lp-branches/devel
> testr init
> # make a branch test fail
> #...
> # then
> testr run branch # or any test specification
> testr failing
> testr run --failing # reruns just the known failing tests.

Cool :)

> Jelmer uses this a lot, jml knows how it works and obviously so do I.
> Aaron grabbed me for a quick tutorial today and seems to like it -
> that gives use all three major timezones someone with fluency. I think
> you'll find it really helpful even though it has a few rough edges
> (e.g. it has no output until the test run finishes at the moment).

There's a bug in the Launchpad test runner (492377) that means page
tests are not run via bin/test --load-list, which I think is the hook
that testr uses with Launchpad.

To those people who are using testr with Launchpad: have you noticed
this bug? If so, do you have a work-around? This bug halted work on
making the test suite run in parallel a long while ago and I'm very
keen to complete it.

Cheers, Gavin.