Re: Renaming lp:launchpad to lp:launchpad/10.05 (and the breakages caused)

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 03:14:34 Curtis Hovey wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-07-21 at 16:55 +0200, Paul Hummer wrote:
> > Hi folks-
> >
> >   About 20 minutes ago, jtv and I both noticed it was taking a long
> >
> > time to push to launchpad.  I had pushed a non-launchpad branch just
> > fine though.  I did some hpss debugging and found I wasn't using
> > stacking, so it was taking a very long time.
> >
> >   Upon investigation, I found that someone had taken the db-devel
> >
> > branch and targeted it against the 10.05 (lp:launchpad/10.05) series.
> > Please don't do this.  If you want another series branch, create it.
> > Taking away the development focus takes away the stacked on branch.
>
> I wonder. I marked the 10.05 series obsolete a few hours ago and made
> the 10,12 series the current series. I know there is a bug reported
> about series branches appear to be modified if a series is marked
> obsolete.

Hi Curtis,

If you didn't set a series branch for the 10.12 series, then Launchpad would
no longer have had a development focus branch.  A single branch can be a
development focus for multiple series.  Perhaps this would fix it too.

Tim