Re: Renaming lp:launchpad to lp:launchpad/10.05 (and the breakages caused)

On 22/07/10 01:36, Tim Penhey wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 03:14:34 Curtis Hovey wrote:
>> On Wed, 2010-07-21 at 16:55 +0200, Paul Hummer wrote:
>>> Hi folks-
>>>
>>>   About 20 minutes ago, jtv and I both noticed it was taking a long
>>>
>>> time to push to launchpad.  I had pushed a non-launchpad branch just
>>> fine though.  I did some hpss debugging and found I wasn't using
>>> stacking, so it was taking a very long time.
>>>
>>>   Upon investigation, I found that someone had taken the db-devel
>>>
>>> branch and targeted it against the 10.05 (lp:launchpad/10.05) series.
>>> Please don't do this.  If you want another series branch, create it.
>>> Taking away the development focus takes away the stacked on branch.
>>
>> I wonder. I marked the 10.05 series obsolete a few hours ago and made
>> the 10,12 series the current series. I know there is a bug reported
>> about series branches appear to be modified if a series is marked
>> obsolete.
>
> Hi Curtis,
>
> If you didn't set a series branch for the 10.12 series, then Launchpad would
> no longer have had a development focus branch.  A single branch can be a
> development focus for multiple series.  Perhaps this would fix it too.

Perhaps we should create a db-devel pseudo-series, and assign that as
the development focus series, to ensure this doesn't happen in the
future, and to save someone from needing to update the launchpad
development focus series every month?

Max.