Re: rollout changes to reduce downtime - linked to 'release features when they are ready'

У пон, 19. 07 2010. у 22:08 +0200, Robert Collins пише:

> There are three key things that are not yet prepped for highly
> available rollouts:
>  - cronscripts (probably including the job system)
>  - buildd master/slaves
>  - importds
>
> I've filed a bug for the cronscripts as a whole and for the buildd's -
> I had the temerity to mark these as high since we're going to be
> impacting the ability for us to increase our velocity safely until
> those are fixed.

Some of them are long-running jobs and should continue running even
during the rollout.  Eg. language-pack-export can take up to 8h and
Ubuntu team relies on it to complete when it's started: we can't have
continuous rollouts harm this expectation.  So far, it was only
troublesome on LP rollouts (i.e. once a month), but for that specific
reason we had no language pack exports happen on Wednesday.

Cheers,
Danilo